190 Secord Street 807.356.2497
Thunder Bay, Ontario email@example.com
P7B 3E5 www.bradycoyle.com
Appleby College- Outdoor Education Instructor Seasonally, 2011, 2014- 2016, 2019
- Led canoe trips and snowshoe trips in Temagami, Ontario, during which I taught a variety of lessons, including camp craft, paddling techniques, and quinzhee building.
- Successfully collaborated with other outdoor educators to plan wilderness expeditions, assess and evaluate students, and ensure the safety of all expedition members.
Canoe North Adventures- Canoe Trip Guide June- Aug. 2019
- Led clients safely down Northern Canadian rivers, while teaching paddling techniques, lessons in river hydrology, and educating clients on wilderness travel.
- Successfully led river travel and hikes, prepared food for clients, and ensured group safety while travelling in a remote wilderness setting.
Lakehead University School of Outdoor Recreation- Expedition Leader Sept.- Oct. 2018
- I was responsible for leading students on canoe and hiking trips, as a component of their Outdoor Skills and Theory (OSAT) class.
- Successfully provided a safe and enjoyable trip for students while teaching the OSAT curriculum, which included camp craft, navigation, and paddling and hiking skills.
Camp Temagami- Senior Head Canoe Trip Guide Summers, 2010- 2014, 2016- 2018
- Led children and teenagers on flat water and whitewater canoe trips in Ontario, Quebec and Labrador for up to 25 days.
- Successfully taught paddling and wilderness skills, while fostering an environment in which campers could develop teamwork, confidence, and leadership abilities.
Edmund Park Adventure Education- Program Coordinator & Instructor Jan.- Aug. 2015
- Coordinated school programs of up to 150 students, led multi- day expeditions, and taught a variety of outdoor adventure activities.
- Successfully planned logistics for expeditions and led a staff team of competent instructors by creating a supportive learning environment for students and instructors.
- Wilderness First Responder (WMA)
- Wilderness Water Safety
- Whitewater Rescue Level II
- Paddle Canada Lake Canoe Instructor Tandem
- Paddle Canada Canoe Tripping Skills Advanced Tandem & Solo
- Paddle Canada Moving Water Canoe Skills Intermediate Tandem & Solo
- Paddle Canada Sea Kayak Skills Level II
- CASI Snowboard Instructor Level 1
- Mountain Bike Assistant Trail Guide
- Leave No Trace Trainer
Honours Bachelor in Outdoor Recreation Awarded 2019
Bachelor of Arts in Geography Awarded 2019
Lakehead University Thunder Bay, Ontario
Ontario College Diploma in Outdoor Adventure Awarded 2014
Algonquin College in the Ottawa Valley Pembroke, Ontario
Summary of Skills
- Knowledge of the legal aspects of outdoor adventure and risk management
- Creating an effective trip plan
- Creating an emergency response plan
- Developing a risk assessment system
- Creating lesson plans for a broad range of outdoor adventure activities
- Basic fluency in the use of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, Access)
- Understanding different marketing techniques.
- Understanding and creating basic financial documentation
- Formulating a professional business proposal
Lakehead University Rugby FC- Board of Directors and Vice-President Jan. 2017- Jan. 2019
- As a member of the Board of Directors, I approve decisions such as annual budgets and executive member appointments. I formulate and continually evaluate the clubs’ mission statement and strategic goals.
- As the Vice- President I organized games for the club, facilitated workshops with Rugby Ontario for members to become certified rugby instructors and planned a flag rugby tournament for middle schools in Thunder Bay.
Algonquin College- Outdoor Adventure Jedi Program Sept. 2013- Apr. 2014
- Mentored first year students in the Outdoor Adventure program during my second year.
- Assisted first year students with their transition into post-secondary education by advising them on issues such as time management, academics and gear selection.
Lawrence Park C.I.- Boys Athletic Board Member Sept. 2009- June 2010
- Organized and supervised school-wide events and fundraisers, such as barbeques, The Terry Fox Run, and activity days for local elementary schools.
- Encouraged an active lifestyle in the school community by facilitating a wide variety of intramural sports throughout the school year.